We recommend MyEtherWallet for an online wallet and Mist for a desktop wallet. You can also try to work with MetaMask which is also easy to work with.
MyEtherWallet is very convenient Ether Wallet which is capable of smart contracts since it an online. It also provides offline and hardware wallet support meaning users can generate wallet keys for variety of Ethereum storage solutions that makes it an all-round solution because you can use it online and offline.
To install MyEtherWallet complete the following steps
- Go to MyEtherWallet.com. You will see several safety reminders. Be sure to read all of them.
- Create a strong password that includes a combination of letters, symbols and numbers and write it down and if possible make several copies and keep them safe. Its good to note that with blockchain you don’t have an option of requesting for a password reset.
- Click on create new account.
- Save your private key. The next step is to download save and store you keystore file, there can never be too much safety in cryptocurrency you don’t want someone stealing your money because the know you Keystore file. Make sure you put it in a very secure location. This is a computer key that also needs to be kept safe. You are encouraged to print it out as a paper wallet.
- Unlock your Wallet. Use your private key or Keystore file to unlock your wallet, Copy and paste the key or upload it to unlock your
- Use your Wallet to buy Ubricoins. Your Wallet is now fully functional. Load your wallet up with some ether. If you already hold some, send them to your public address, it makes it easy to buy ether through coin base.
- Next time you want to access the Wallet go to MyEtherWallet.com click view wallet info and use your key to unlock it. Remember that you will need your private Key to buy coins.